Friday 28 May 2010

Donald Ray Recommends

I had the honour of receiving an email from Donald Ray Pollock, author of Knockemstiff.

He'd seen the review posted last week and also received my email (in which I attempted to shake his hand through cyberspace).

Anyway, it was great to hear from him.

The outstanding news is that he's working on his novel. If I could send him momentum and inspiration, I certainly would. The sooner it's out the better as far as I'm concerned.

He's also reading a novel by a man named Frank Bill entitled 'Donnybrook' so he can conjure up a blurb. DRP says 'He certainly out-grits me'. I don't believe that for a second, but still checked it out. Hillbilly noir, apparently. Looks fab. It's on the list. You have any sense, you'll add it to yours.

I also stumbled into a rather nice blog when doing a search. Do Some Damage is over at
http://dosomedamage.blogspot.com/ so go have a look.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Frankie Bill is a cracking writer and a top bloke, too. He' s written some great stories that are at Pulp Pusher, Plots With Guns & Beat To A Pulp. Well worth chacking out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be visiting as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete