Wednesday 1 January 2014

Happy New Year - Free and Super Bargain books.



In a few hours, I'll be running into the sea for the New Year's dip. It's a crazy thing and I'd avoid it if the family pressure wasn't so huge. After that it's hot soup and a little social time, followed by a chillax.

The New Year's resolutions have been sketched out, but aren't very interesting and aren't worth sharing.

I'd like to share a few reading opportunities with you though, so you can start your reading year off with a bang.

Best of the lot is the Barney Thomson box set. It's going for a staggering £1.09. I was telling some people to buy it and my wife pointed out that cheap doesn't necessarily mean good. She's right, but I put her right in this case - there are seven books here and the first is soon to be made into a film which will be a hot topic when it's released. Wouldn't you want to be able to say you were there before everyone else? Now's your chance.

Blasted Heath are also running a few other titles at discounted prices. I'm really pleased that they have Smoke in the pile. I think it might be my best work and really feel it deserves a place on a kindle that does't mind brutal fiction.

If you look in the sidebar here, you'll notice that Hymn From A Village is free today. It's a short story collection and I'm proud of it. Imagine a best-of and you're almost there.

Blackwitch Press has so many freebies that I'm not going to list them. Paul D Brazill's done that already and you can check it out by following the link.

I'm pretty excited about Willy Vlautin's new one, The Free. It's to be released at the end of January, but you can pre-order if you're as curious as I am.

Also very well worth a list is the list of favourite reads from last year over at Jen's Book Thoughts. It's a tasty looking list and I'm intending to pick up all of them (one of those resolutions I didn't share). Take a careful look and buy some of her tips - you won't be disappointed, I'm pretty sure.

And that's it for now.

Happy New Year to you - I hope nice things happen to you and the wind's always at your back.

xx

2 comments: